Monday 28 January 2013

Digi-pack Front Pane research

The front pane of our Digi-pack will be made by me. I feel that our front pane should be a photograph. I feel this because we need to stick to the conventions of the band and the genre in general. Photographs are present in many indie rock title because they are a form of art and it can take very creative aspects in order to do them. Below are some examples.

Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I' m Not
Favorite Worst Nightmare 
Humbug


















There is a recurring theme in these and that is that each album is in fact a photograph. They may be edited but they are still photos. Another thing that i can comment on is the font use. There is no universal font style of convention so it gives us a broader and more diverse choice of font. Again we can attempt to be more creative with it.

The dimensions of the front cover will be 600 x 537 pixels as recommended by various online sources. I agree with this because it is still the conventional shape of a digipack.

No comments:

Post a Comment