Friday 12 April 2013

Digi-pack Front Pane

The front pane of our digi pack was done by Me. I was tasked with doing the entire front cover for our album and to do this i had to follow the conventions of the genre that we chose and also following the conventions of the Arctic Monkeys as well. The dimensions for the Front pane would be 600 x 537 pixels which is common among most Digi-pack front covers.


The first thing that I needed to do was to pick an Image for the Front cover, something that could be edited and changed in order to create the desired effect. Above is the Image that I selected for the front cover. I chose this picture because it shows the face in a manner that can be seen as related to the back pane. Also it follows the conventions of the Genre in that many use images and the Arctic monkeys specifically use faces in some of their album designs.


The Next thing that I needed to do was to make the Image Black and white. I did this because I had already created my back cover, which was also done in black and white, so in order to avoid contrast in colours i needed to make this pane black and white as well. Another problem at the moment is that the image size does not meet the size of the dimensions needed in order to accurately make the digi-pack.


In order to meet the dimensions that i needed the image would have to be made smaller. In order to do that. The original dimensions of the image were 4928 x 3264 pixels which was much bigger than the 600 x 537 pixels that I needed to make the digi-pack an accurate size. There may be some slight change to the original image in that it may be crushed or skewed slightly but I have done my best to try and reduce that. Even if there is it will be minimal and would be indistinguishable.


Lastly I added a simple logo which represents the band that we are using. The creative aspect of it may not be great but it does follow the conventions of the band which is the effect that I was going for. The font of the Text is American Typewriter which i chose because It looks like the kind of thing that would appear on the front covers of some album in the indie genre section.

The main thing that was achieved here was linking the front pane to the back. This is crucial because if they are not in some way connected then the overall product will not look right. The two inside panes will again be similar to the front as well in order to avoid any unnecessary contrast in design

No comments:

Post a Comment